Recall Safe on LS9

Ok, I have been using my LS9 for a year now and I have finally got a situation where I think Recall Safe is the thing I need to do.

I have a 2 day festival with an act each hour. Some acts will perform 2 or 3 times over the two days. So, it sure seems like saving the scene after the performance makes sense.

As the day progresses I suspect things like output EQs for mains or monitors will be tweeked so when I recall a scene I don't want those old settings back, right?

So, it seems like I want to recall safe all the outputs and patch and rack. Right?
They still get saved when I save the scenes though? And I can make changes all day as needed?

So, some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Recall Safe on LS9

I recall-safe my MC & playback inputs and my main & matrix outputs.

If you've made changes to mains EQ, you might want to "safe" those, too. OTOH, you will probably want to recall the monitor EQ as they were set for each act's individual quirks.

Does the LS9 have the same "Recall Focus" as the M7? You might want to get an understanding of it, it the LS9 has that feature.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

I recall-safe my MC & playback inputs and my main & matrix outputs.

If you've made changes to mains EQ, you might want to "safe" those, too. OTOH, you will probably want to recall the monitor EQ as they were set for each act's individual quirks.

Does the LS9 have the same "Recall Focus" as the M7? You might want to get an understanding of it, it the LS9 has that feature.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Yes, it has the Recall Focus and I have not wrapped my head around that yet.

Good idea on the monitors. Maybe I will only safe the GEQs (whole rack) and leave the PEQ for the scene.

I'm not sure if you'll run in to this, but quite often I find myself situations where the same drumset is used act to act with maybe a different snare or cymbals. If you find that, recall safe on those can be helpful, if all the bands are playing similar styles of music. That's just something I've used before and had it work quite well.