Running Soundcraft Delta 200 Dlx 32 Channel Console with CPS150 Power Supply

Vincearmenti

Freshman
Jul 25, 2014
Running Soundcraft Delta 200 Dlx 32 Channel Console with CPS150 Power Supply.

I know in the soundcraft manual it says not for use with 32 channel console, but does it hurt if I use it anyway?

I don't use any of the "Phantom Power" 48volts.

any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Running Soundcraft Delta 200 Dlx 32 Channel Console with CPS150 Power Supply

Hello

If your CPS150 has enough juice to run the desk, then go ahead - voltages are the same but CPS450 has more current. Naturally they have different connectors as well...

I used to have a 24 ch board with CPS150 and when it got old there were difficulties getting it running - it took a loooong time - perhaps up to a minute untill all capacitors were fully charged. After that it was rock solid.

Re: Running Soundcraft Delta 200 Dlx 32 Channel Console with CPS150 Power Supply

Running Soundcraft Delta 200 Dlx 32 Channel Console with CPS150 Power Supply.

I know in the soundcraft manual it says not for use with 32 channel console, but does it hurt if I use it anyway?

I don't use any of the "Phantom Power" 48volts.

any help greatly appreciated.

Believe the manual. Soundcraft power supplies were duff from the beginning and overloading your CPS150 will certainly accelerate its failure. Wishful thinking will not change that.

Tim "not a Soundcraft left in our inventory" Mc

ps. to explain my signature - we were an exclusive Soundcraft shop for years and I celebrated with champagne and fireworks when the last Soundcraft desk left our building. Today I'd happily consider a Soundcraft Vi series, but anyone attempting to deliver a Soundcraft analog desk to me would risk dismemberment. Seriously.