Sanyo Xu48 Shutting Down

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
We have about 100-150 PLC-Xu48 projectors installed around a school district. In the last year about 10% are shutting down after the warm up countdown. Filters have been cleaned and new bulbs have been installed as a trouble shooting measure. Does anyone have experience with this model?
I have contacted Sanyo and explained the situation and figured they might offer assistance in terms of loyalty as we have purchased prob 200-250 Sanyo projectors total. They offered no help except a 250$ charge to look at one. All projectors are out of warranty but not more than a few months.
Mostly Venting but also seeking suggestions.

Re: Sanyo Xu48 Shutting Down

We have about 100-150 PLC-Xu48 projectors installed around a school district. In the last year about 10% are shutting down after the warm up countdown. Filters have been cleaned and new bulbs have been installed as a trouble shooting measure. Does anyone have experience with this model?
I have contacted Sanyo and explained the situation and figured they might offer assistance in terms of loyalty as we have purchased prob 200-250 Sanyo projectors total. They offered no help except a 250$ charge to look at one. All projectors are out of warranty but not more than a few months.
Mostly Venting but also seeking suggestions.

Bad ballast most likely. Unfortunately there are 4 ballasts in those projectors, it might be a bit pricey to repair them.

As it turns out I think the culprit is aftermarket bulbs. Someone thought it would be a economical advantage to use non oem bulbs. What appeared as a cost saving measure ended up a major headache as the OEM units seem to function fine in identical units. Your results may vary but take this as a word of caution. As with most things you get what you pay for.

As it turns out I think the culprit is aftermarket bulbs. Someone thought it would be a economical advantage to use non oem bulbs. What appeared as a cost saving measure ended up a major headache as the OEM units seem to function fine in identical units. Your results may vary but take this as a word of caution. As with most things you get what you pay for.
I've seen and heard of that happening before.