sc48 snapshot help; need info in 14 hours if possible..

Hi,

I've stuffed up snapshots on the SC48. Fortunately we're only 2 songs into rehearsal (more tomorrow).

I was happily making snapshots however... no channels were selected so.. not much to recall.

I'm aware that the console does auto saves every few minutes. I can identify two such times when i'd like to recall and create two separate snapshots from those points.

But how do I do this ? How do I create two new snapshots but one based on an earlier time than the other ?

If I recall the earlier time and save a snapshot; the recall the later time; how do I access the snapshot I just created in the earler time save ?

TIA,

andrew

Re: sc48 snapshot help; need info in 14 hours if possible..

Others will chime in on this and you should also post this here but in the meantime I do not know of any way to recall a snapshot from two different show files, auto-saved or otherwise, to combine them into a new show file. The catch is that each snapshot is saved only within each show file so you can't access them without loading the new show. I have heard that's something that Avid is working on since it would make life a LOT easier when working with multiple bands and such. I would be thrilled if one day you could simply dig within a show file and snatch out only the snapshots you want.

And oh yeah, when making snapshots, remember to select all the channels you want and be aware of what you're scoping. Lastly, remember you have to select which plugins you want to include in the snapshot on the main plugins page, not just in the snapshot scope page. Good luck.

Thanks guys. I suspected as much.

I also tried editing the dsh files but gave up when I saw it's not all plain text.

I should also have mentioned that I did cross post to DUC, however as at now, no replies there but have got 2 here (I love this place).

I think what i'll do is recall the previous one; write down the key settings I need (aux send levels & mutes); then go back to my newer state and recreate manually.

Andrew

Hi,

I've stuffed up snapshots on the SC48. Fortunately we're only 2 songs into rehearsal (more tomorrow).

I was happily making snapshots however... no channels were selected so.. not much to recall.

TIA,

andrew

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you have stored snapshots and forgot to select (scope) the channels? If this is the case you should be OK. The Venue snapshot system stores everything all the time (all channels and all functions) even if they were not scoped when you made them. You can do the the channel and functions "scoping" at a later stage and you will notice that the Venue has stored everything.

Eytan

Last edited: