Sennheiser Audio Problem

Taylor Shain

Oct 7, 2018
North Carolina
Hi everyone,

Do you all have any thoughts about this awful audio problem? It's a loud beeping sound. I'm using a Sennheiser ew 100 G3 wireless lav set.

I've tried several different frequencies and the sound is still there.

I tried plugging it in to a different recording device to determine if it was the lav set or the device I was using and it's the lav set.

video:
password: ddc

Anyone have any ideas what's going on? What settings do I need to check?

If you really mean to record beeps it didn't work. If you mean the constant 2 kHz tone then yes it did. Possibly an oscillation. Try a different mic with the beltpack for starters. If it continues with another mic try turning down the gain on the beltpak and see if the tone goes up and down with the belt pack gain. Either way if it's not the mic its likely time to send in the belt pack for service.

If you really mean to record beeps it didn't work. If you mean the constant 2 kHz tone then yes it did. Possibly an oscillation. Try a different mic with the beltpack for starters. If it continues with another mic try turning down the gain on the beltpak and see if the tone goes up and down with the belt pack gain. Either way if it's not the mic its likely time to send in the belt pack for service.

This sounds to me like a broken component on the PCB. I'd open it up and do a quick visual inspection to see if there's anything obvious like moisture damage or a melted capacitor or IC. Then send it in for service because even if you know what you're doing it'll take you twice as long to fix it at home, haha.