Sennheiser RF Active Splitter with Shure Receivers

Asher Parry

Jul 14, 2022
Brisbane
Hi All,

Got an interesting situation here and wanted some advice. Have a sound setup that's running on a mixture of brand new equipment, 5-8 year old equipment, and over 10 year old equipment.

Recently we've been having issues with interference (next to a police station, and a few other sources, no fun), with that we're going to be finally investing in some directional antennas, as well as some splitting of course. Our long term goals are to go full Sennheiser for all our receivers and mics, we've got 6 Sennheiser currently (a mixture of EM100 G4s and XS EM10). We've also got 4 shure SLX4s (over 10 years old). Our plan is to purchase 2x ADP UHF antennas, and 4x ASA214s, with the goal of using them with all our current equipment.

My question is whether the SLX4s will work with this setup, they are in the same RF range as the rest of our equipment (L4 638-662MHz). It only really needs to work until we're able to get the budget to replace the shures with some new Sennheiser G4s (so maybe 4-6 months).

From my understanding this should work fine, I can't expect the ASAs to power the shures (as they do the G4s), but that's fine. RF is RF, and since all our equipment is within basically the same range it should all work?

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

It's too bad your mics aren't 608mhz and below. When that ruling came down and the cell phone companies "bought" those frequencies, we ended up with about half legal, and half ok, for now at least, until the powers that be decide they need more frequencies and pilfer more frequency bands. So far it has cost us probably about $20-30,000 I can't imaging how many millions of dollars this scam has cost people world wide having to scrap their microphones.
One thing I did discover though, the ASA3000 Sennheiser splitters that use those IM3000 selective frequency modules, if you want to open them up to all bands, I found out the non-selective frequency replacements are just copper plates. New parts from Sennheiser aren't available anymore, but used are easy to find.

Attachments

• 20220214_100008-2.jpg
    20220214_100008-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20220215_101943.jpg
    20220215_101943.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ASA3000 Sennheiser antennae input module.jpg
    ASA3000 Sennheiser antennae input module.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Hi All,

Got an interesting situation here and wanted some advice. Have a sound setup that's running on a mixture of brand new equipment, 5-8 year old equipment, and over 10 year old equipment.

Recently we've been having issues with interference (next to a police station, and a few other sources, no fun), with that we're going to be finally investing in some directional antennas, as well as some splitting of course. Our long term goals are to go full Sennheiser for all our receivers and mics, we've got 6 Sennheiser currently (a mixture of EM100 G4s and XS EM10). We've also got 4 shure SLX4s (over 10 years old). Our plan is to purchase 2x ADP UHF antennas, and 4x ASA214s, with the goal of using them with all our current equipment.

My question is whether the SLX4s will work with this setup, they are in the same RF range as the rest of our equipment (L4 638-662MHz). It only really needs to work until we're able to get the budget to replace the shures with some new Sennheiser G4s (so maybe 4-6 months).

From my understanding this should work fine, I can't expect the ASAs to power the shures (as they do the G4s), but that's fine. RF is RF, and since all our equipment is within basically the same range it should all work?

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
Asher, you may look into RF Venue products.

They work equally well for Sennheiser and SHURE receivers and will power them as well. The Diversity Fin antenna is usually less expensive than two of the aforementioned antennas and outperforms the stock antennas. Make sure that you buy NEW cabling for all of your RF connections. The cabling is AS important as the other gear in the RF signal chain. You can usually buy this stuff at Sweetwater Sound as well as other retailers.