Shure 819, SM91, Beta91 parts interchangeability?

I know I could buy the current Beta91A and be done with it.. but I like the older sound of the SM91 the better.

Mics: The 819 and SM91 uses the same Mic Cartridge (R129).
There is a different cartridge in the Beta91 (RPM108) & Beta91A (R98).

Pre-Amps: OG on the SM91 was the back box that was replaced with the ILP-1 (discontinued).

So here are my questions?
Does the ILP-1 and RPM626 pre-amp sound the same?
Is there a "updated" ILP-1?
Can you use the 819/SM91 with a RPM626?

For bass drum use, the Beta91A is as close to the original SM91/A as you'll get (The original B91 was garbage, IMO) and it fixes all the issues of the SM91/A - no external preamp, no TA3 cable, and heavier so it doesn't move around as much. I kept an original SM91A/ILP-1 for nostalgia's sake, but it hasn't seen the light of day in years, and will move to studio only duty shortly. But to answer your questions:

Yes, you can use the RPM626 with the SM91 and SM98 (and likely 819, but I never tried it with that one). I don't recall if it sounded the same - I seem to remember it was at least close, or I wouldn't have used it. it is also what Shure recommends as a replacement (or RPM628, which is the RPM626 in a kit with the TA3 cable).

The real replacement is the Beta 91A, and it's worth every penny of not having to deal with the TA3 cable and the external preamp.