SI Impact XLR Only Output?

Nov 29, 2016
Hello...

I'm a novice to intermediate sound guy. I know enough to be dangerous and to typically accomplish what I want. We are upgrading our Church's Mackie 32-4 Board to a Soundcraft SI Impact Board. One of the biggest struggles I seem to be having is the fact that the SI Impact only has XLR outputs. The Mackie had an RCA out which sent the house out as well (used to record services to CD. It also had some 1/4 outs on our "mixes" which is what our Monitor Amps are expecting. I can change from XLR to quarter and deal with the monitor mixes - but I'm slightly confused as to the best way to get a "copy" of the house mix to another output and into our RCA input CD Recorder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You would likely have to build matrix outputs to accomplish what you are after. I don't know how to to this specifically on the Impact, but I'm sure the user manual would guide you.

If you are not set-in-stone with the Impact, I would also consider the Behringer x32, or even the new Presonus 32 (not available on the street yet) as those consoles seem to offer your familiar Line and RCA outputs.

You would likely have to build matrix outputs to accomplish what you are after. I don't know how to to this specifically on the Impact, but I'm sure the user manual would guide you.

If you are not set-in-stone with the Impact, I would also consider the Behringer x32, or even the new Presonus 32 (not available on the street yet) as those consoles seem to offer your familiar Line and RCA outputs.

Actually, you might even be able to just set the Main L/R buss to send to multiple output XLRs. I kinda like how the Soundcraft sounds more than the other two, but I'll leave all that up to you, Joshua. Getting adapters should be the least of your concerns - although I'm surprised your amplifiers don't have XLR inputs. What are they?

I made a set of XLR to rca cables. I run a SI Exp3 and the power amp in my mix down space is an old NAD 2140. RCA in. It works fine. Diagrams are on line. My recollection is that xlr pins 1&3 are cold, 2 is hot however I reserve the right to be wrong ;-) I have yet to play with an impact. In my opinion the SI 3 is a much better sounding board than the X32. The new SL board is vapor ware at this point so nobody really knows. I moved to the SI from a16.4.2 and it was night and day.