SMAART 7 on Windows 8 Beta - Any Luck?

Re: SMAART 7 on Windows 8 Beta - Any Luck?

I guess you can't ask John or Adam as they're closed for Columbus Day (as is B&C, which is why I'm doing laundry and screwing around on the Internet), but they will likely already know what the problem is and whether they anticipate being ready to go by the official release.

We don't yet have a copy of Win8 in the shop. Purely from the hip, I don't expect there to be any issues, but you never know. If anything I'd expect potential driver issues. We'll set about getting a copy and running some tests.

We don't yet have a copy of Win8 in the shop. Purely from the hip, I don't expect there to be any issues, but you never know. If anything I'd expect potential driver issues. We'll set about getting a copy and running some tests.

Adam,

I've got 2 machines that might skip windows 7 entirely, depending on the SMAART + Interface driver combo situation.

I was going to set up the Win 8 release candidate in virtualbox, but between the USB2 add-on pack, and SMAART license management within the VM, I figured it was better to ask you directly first.

Last edited:

Smaart v7 runs fine on my Windows 8 Release Preview, but take it with a grain of salt: we can't confirm full compatibility until we have an actual release build. Also, IMHO Windows 7 is superior to Windows 8. I hope you don't like the Start menu....

Smaart v7 runs fine on my Windows 8 Release Preview, but take it with a grain of salt: we can't confirm full compatibility until we have an actual release build. Also, IMHO Windows 7 is superior to Windows 8. I hope you don't like the Start menu....

John,

Thanks for clarifying about the release candiate, and I do like the Start menu.

However, for a laptop that performs CAD, acoustic analysis, AV device control, and related functions, I don't think Metro will be too much of a disadvantage. Indeed I like the idea of being able to launch SMAART from the metro interface on an iPad when walking around to do acoustics measurements.

Last edited: