SMAART v6 - no longer supported / authorized?

Re: SMAART v6 - no longer supported / authorized?

Trying to move SMAART 6 to a new laptop, and I'm not finding a login/authorization at either Mackie or EAW. Is this now a product that is stuck on existing installations?
Have you tried Rational Acoustics? they own all the Smaart "rights" I think.

OK, so I went through the install and rediscovered that it's now at my.rationalacoustics.com.

Having trouble figuring out how to release an installation from the old computer, though. Is there a limit on the number of moves you can make? I'm getting an error message that implies such a limitation.

But at least I know who to email about this now!

Last edited:

I have had them manually delete an install over the phone. I don't remember being able to do it automatically.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

To the best of my knowledge the limit was 10. After that a call or email would be in order. I have had issues deactivating online so going with the offline method is the most fool proof way. You have to deactivate the license, save the code it generates, then go onto the my.rationalacoustics.com site and log in with your old my.eaw.com email and password, go to your licenses page, select the license, then go to the specific install and deactivate it there by entering that code. Once it's done it will show you there are x number of seats, x number used, and x number available. Normal single user licenses have 2 seats. Some companies have potentially hundreds of seats.

I think that the "deactivate this license" thing only started with version 7. I couldn't find such an option on the old computer, anyways.

I'm pretty sure I haven't done 10 moves yet! Maybe a couple because of hard drive failures.

I think that the "deactivate this license" thing only started with version 7. I couldn't find such an option on the old computer, anyways.

I'm pretty sure I haven't done 10 moves yet! Maybe a couple because of hard drive failures.

Call Rational Acoustics and ask for Barb. She'll get it straightened out for you.

You know, it's so easy to forget something you haven't used in literally almost 7 years. Sorry about that. Still the second part of what I said still stands. Log in, remove it there. I could have sworn it worked the same, but the website side is definitely the same. I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I'm happy enough with v6.1 so far. Hz is still Hz, dB is still dB, and I can live with old saved traces sometimes reappearing on their own.

BTW, there's a ~$60 aftermarket driver for the USBPre that will work on 64 bit operating systems. Expensive... but still considerably cheaper than replacing my USBPre.

http://www.usb-audio.com/download.html

Last edited:

I'm happy enough with v6.1 so far. Hz is still Hz, dB is still dB, and I can live with old saved traces sometimes reappearing on their own.

BTW, there's a ~$60 aftermarket driver for the USBPre that will work on 64 bit operating systems. Expensive... but still considerably cheaper than replacing my USBPre.

Demo ASIO driver for USB audio soundcards

I tried the demo version of that about a year ago, it didn’t work for me. I don’t think they have updated the drives since then. I don’t remember what was wrong with it. I bought a new audio interface.

Got it working just fine on a Win7 laptop at work.

I tried it on a laptop running windows 7 Professional and I don’t remember exactly what happened but it wouldn’t work for me. I am glad you got it to work for you. I may revisit it some day but for now I am set.

I second Harry. Upgrade to v7! Rational Acoustics will only keep producing new version as long as we willing to pay for them. It's totally worth the move from v6.

I tried it on a laptop running windows 7 Professional and I don’t remember exactly what happened but it wouldn’t work for me. I am glad you got it to work for you. I may revisit it some day but for now I am set.

Sometimes you never know. The cool thing is that they have the demo version, so it's possible to try before buying.

Hz are still Hz, Phase is still Phase, and a dB is still a dB, but Smaart 7 lets me make decisions based on that information at least 50% faster than Smaart 6 did. Its time weighting is much better, delay finder is much faster, and adding a second mic (with delay tracking!) is not a small deal. Never mind time wasted fooling around with trace storing and averaging, I can do all that in real time now.

I used version 6 and I was relatively content but I can't even imagine going back now. People still come to class with version 6 and they always leave with version 7. People come with version 5, which they will not give up over their dead body and once they understand how version 7 works, they have no more desire to use 5. Plus 7 is actually faster than 5 on the same computer. This may seem advanced although on one hand it isn't advanced at all, it's just a short cut, and on the other hand, using dual channel FFT at all is advanced. I have 5 mics and I use 3-5 of them on a given show during the tweak. It takes me longer to screw on the mic clips, roll out the mic cables, and plug in the reference and boot the ocmputer than it does to measure tweak, measure some more and get the system done. It goes so fast it's not even funny. Some days I just have to take my time so it will seem like I'm doing something.

I've used 5, and much prefer 6. I've also used 7 a few times, and it's cool but not an expense I can justify given that most of my personal SMAART use is essentially related to hobby instead of work.