soundcraft si expression 3

Carlos Rajoo

Freshman
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

I have been working with analog mixers for quite some time. Recently I got hold of this mixer and it is my first digital mixer. I notice a problem here with my monitor mix. I am still new to this mixer. If I am not mistaken, mix 1 to 10 is set as prefade (yellow) and 11 to 14 as postfade (green). Taking mix 1 (prefade) as my monitor mix into a single monitor, I want to send channel 1 to 5 as prefade and channel 6 to 10 as post fade. How do I do this using a single mix i.e mix 1. Using analog mixers, I can use aux 1 as the monitor mix and set the channels monitor out as either prefade or post fade by the selector switch on each channel. Can this be done on this digital mixer. Please advice

Thanks

Carlos

Re: soundcraft si expression 3

Carlos,

Asking basic questions about console operation that are clearly explained in the manual would be more appropriately posted in the Junior Varsity forum.
Any mix can be individually set as pre or post fade. Th operators manual will answer just about any question you have. Manual and very helpful videos available here:
http://www.soundcraft.com/products/si-expression-3