Soundcraft SI Perfomer 1 update problems

Alex Thyberg

Freshman
Mar 24, 2015
Hello!

Got my new Soundcraft SI P1 today, unboxed it and glaced over a nice mixer which I'll take on tour starting monday.. but I got a small issue that I need help with!

The version in the desk was 1.6 build 6 when I got it, then I checked soundcraft's webpage and find v1.6 build 8, o I downloaded it, exctract file in a new USB, started the update view on the desk, choosed the new update and pressed Load...

At first it seemed good but then the update freezed on 56%.. for a long time.. restarted the desk and tried again... same freeze but on different %. So I shut down the desk, and then started the desk normally, That's when the hard part started: The desk don't start!?

I tried disconnect it, waited for couple of minutes, tried again, won't start. The power icon says its turned on but no screen or led lamps are on.

Tried to enter the update screen by holding the power button for 5 seconds and managed that, then I went into format mode by pressing LR+Mono+FX1, tried to clear the SD-card, restarted, but the desk won't start..

So know Im a bit worried, any ideas? Calling support tomorrow but would appreciate if any of you have an idea of what the problem could be? I left the desk turned on and doing the update from my USB, but when I left it was stuck on 59%.. but I'll leave it overnight see what happens.

Thanks

Re: Soundcraft SI Perfomer 1 update problems

Did you try update after formatting the SD card? If not I would recommend going to software loader mode and just for grins one more time format the SD card. Turn off console, then immediately boot back into software update mode, stick usb drive with update files into usb port, press menu, select info.xml, and press load.

Hopefully the update will take. Make sure you wait until there is a tick next to each bar at 100% before powering down and then turn it on so the new software can load.

If that doesn't work, calling Soundcraft is the next step.