source for sdc mic clips?

Re: source for sdc mic clips?

I like the Shure A57f for my 81s. May not the cheapest($8), but I haven't had to replace them due to breakage and they hold the 81s very firmly.

The A57f is a lot better than the really junky clips that Shure and especially Audix used to sell. My main beef with the A57 is that it looks exactly like the normal A25d. Before too long someone will jam a 58 into the smaller 57f. The worst part is that after the abuse they DON'T look broken, they just bend and then will drop your expensive mics because they won't hold securely ever again.

If you're getting serious about clips my favorite SDC clip is the Audio Technica AT8471. (Corrected) They'll never slip and they're pretty much indestructible.

My 2C,
thomas d.

Edit: Details, details, details....

Last edited:

The A57f is a lot better than the really junky clips that Shure and especially Audix used to sell. My main beef with the A57 is that it looks exactly like the normal A25d. Before too long someone will jam a 58 into the smaller 57f. The worst part is that after the abuse they DON'T look broken, they just bend and then will drop your expensive mics because they won't hold securely ever again.

If you're getting serious about clips my favorite SDC clip is the Audio Technica AT8417. They'll never slip and they're pretty much indestructible.

My 2C,
thomas d.

+1 The AT8417 is an AWESOME clip that works with lots of mics. Well worth the price.

Thomas' link works but it looks like we are talking about an AT8471 as the at8417 is a lavalier tie clip. Just to be clear for future readers.

+1 ... Good catch Brian! It is amazing how well this clip works for a ton of different mics.

I first saw it when I was trying out the new side address ATM450 a few years back... The mic was good, but new SDC mics are a dime a dozen these days... the clip was really what impressed me most!