Streaming

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
What have you all been using for streaming of events to folks. I am looking to stream a feed of a couple cameras to a single entity at a trade show. We will be feeding them some footage from company plant floor. Trying to look into some logistics before committing to any pricing.

Re: Streaming

If you're doing 1:1 streams, as in, each camera on the plant floor goes to a dedicated monitor at the show, you could probably just use VLC. If you're producing them down to a single monitor or also streaming an event, I'd pick up a used Tricaster.

Re: Streaming

I didnt realize you could stream with VLC. I will have to see whats involved with that. Part of the reason I was looking into the live stream Broadcaster is its ability to take a hdmi feed and encode straight to cat 5e or wireless. As I dont have a video encoder card on my laptop this looked like a possible simple solution.
It looks like the Tricaster might be a little much for what I will be doing but I will take a look at the site and watch a few videos over there. Thanks for the suggestions.
Is the VLC stream hard to set up?