System design/install in Northwest US

Hello, long time reader looking for some advice. My facility is nearing the point where we will be able to put a new sound system into our 550 seat PAC and I'd like to have a few companies in mind when I'm ready to look for proposals.

We're located in central Washington, a 550 seat road house with a significant number of community events as well. Layout is 366 main floor, 184 balcony; add up to 50 on floor if pit removed. Our events cover just about everything with our audio needs leaning towards acoustic music, voice reinforcement and track playback more than band/rock amplification. Rider acceptability is a lower priority (3 guest engineers last year, most riders just ask for coverage of all the seats).

Current system is a patchwork of center/sides/balcony/balc sides speakers, with a few failing components in the center cluster (which is unreachable w/o a lift taller than we own). We'll be looking for a main system (most likely rigged) and monitors, if budget allows.

Looking for a company with experience in theatre and/or acoustic (lighter reinforcement) spaces. Example: micing choir with symphony, vocalists with big band. System need to keep up with higher output events, but we'll rent for the occasional rock band with rider if necessary.

Any leads to research would be appreciated. If anyone has any advice on what they were happy to have done or wished they did on a similar project I would appreciate the advice as well.

Mike

Re: System design/install in Northwest US

Hello, long time reader looking for some advice. My facility is nearing the point where we will be able to put a new sound system into our 550 seat PAC and I'd like to have a few companies in mind when I'm ready to look for proposals.

We're located in central Washington, a 550 seat road house with a significant number of community events as well. Layout is 366 main floor, 184 balcony; add up to 50 on floor if pit removed. Our events cover just about everything with our audio needs leaning towards acoustic music, voice reinforcement and track playback more than band/rock amplification. Rider acceptability is a lower priority (3 guest engineers last year, most riders just ask for coverage of all the seats).

Current system is a patchwork of center/sides/balcony/balc sides speakers, with a few failing components in the center cluster (which is unreachable w/o a lift taller than we own). We'll be looking for a main system (most likely rigged) and monitors, if budget allows.

Looking for a company with experience in theatre and/or acoustic (lighter reinforcement) spaces. Example: micing choir with symphony, vocalists with big band. System need to keep up with higher output events, but we'll rent for the occasional rock band with rider if necessary.

Any leads to research would be appreciated. If anyone has any advice on what they were happy to have done or wished they did on a similar project I would appreciate the advice as well.

Mike

Mike,

It pays to ask around. I'd suggest talking to Brad Weber here on the forum, he's got plenty of PAC background.

Re: System design/install in Northwest US

Hi Mike,

Please keep Technomedia Solutions in mind during your search, and please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or like to find out some more information about what we do and our past work.

You can reach me via email at [email protected]
Or by phone at 407-408-6614

TECHNOMEDIA SOLUTIONS