USB button "farms"

Re: USB button "farms"

Any new suggestions for a (under $100) USB button panel?

Idiot proofing a Light Factory panel for ease of operation. 20-30 keys should be sufficient.

Low cost is good. Do not want to go MIDI.

I didn't want to go MIDI either, but I got a free M-Audio Trigger Finger. Yay, 16 big touch-sensitive bump buttons. I can get these to work fine, but I can't get the faders or knobs to map to ANYTHING useful in Elation's COMPU lighting program.

Any ideas? I'm waiting for a really sweet keyboard option from someone in this thread.

If you can make your budget a hair larger, you could get either an X-Keys Desktop or X-Keys XK-24 for $130. I use an X-Keys Professional with MagicQ and the ETC Eos offline programmer and I have been very happy with them. Fantastic quality and they can easily be rearranged and relegended down to road making them a relatively decent investment.

Got a Korg Nano Pad for $40 new. USB powered and hookup, no wall wart. 12 buttons
It has 4 banks so you can do 48 triggers. I put "all on" and "blackout" on the same buttons in all 4 scenes, so I get 42 different scenes
The Korg Kontrol software is a breeze to use. Got it triggering scenes and programmed within an hour of cracking the package
Hopefully it won't break at the first show!

Any new suggestions for a (under $100) USB button panel?

Idiot proofing a Light Factory panel for ease of operation. 20-30 keys should be sufficient.

Low cost is good. Do not want to go MIDI.

Logitech G-13 "Gaming" Keyboard ?
22 keys x 3 modes, 4-way joystick with a couple more buttons
With attached software, emulates any keystroke (or sequence of keystrokes)
I think I paid less than a c-note a couple of years ago.
Chris.

Well, the Novation Launch Pad looked great.
Lots of buttons.