What's the difference in SpeakON's

Todd Hernandez

Jul 28, 2019
Shinjuku, Japan
see pictures. the right one does not work with QSC amp, but does work with DFX HDJ amp.

both cables work with JBL passive speakers?? i dont get it.

i'm looking at the center black plastic piece one is not cut in half the other is full and round

Attachments

• 31fhQ7ZdlIL.jpg
    31fhQ7ZdlIL.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 61iBMzipGWL._SL1500_.jpg
    61iBMzipGWL._SL1500_.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 71fvgwyE4zL._SL1500_.jpg
    71fvgwyE4zL._SL1500_.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 12
Take a look inside and the difference will be clear. I suspect that your amps may differ in wiring to their Speakon outputs making the use and/or wiring of 2- and 4-pole plugs relevant.
Many amps have 4-pole sockets enabling both stereo channels to be fed into one socket/plug and cable, for example to power a two-way cab using a single 4-core cable. Hope this helps.

First, these are not electrical or lighting connectors..... (not "Listed" for that use). I will ask Mods to move this thread.

Second you have 2 different products shown - the left and center pics are of NL2 connectors (the gray ring under the lock release was chosen to make them visually different than the NL4).

You don't say what "doesn't work" means. Tell us what you're trying to do and EXACTLY which models of amplifiers and speakers you are using.