Where did you get your balls?

Re: Where did you get your balls? Bang 'em yourself

Looking for replacement wire grilles for SM58's.

A handy little DIY ''kinda'' fix for straightening out the dented balls (assuming that is what you are talking about) is to use the handle end of a larger diameter broom and ''bang'' them into reshape.

Iused to have one that was cutoff so I could bang it hard on the workbench.

Loosely hold the brrom stick in one hand and hold the ball firmly in the other hand. Now slam it down. You will get a feel for it quickly.

It will not make the like new-but can make them look a whole lot better and get some more life out of them.

Of course it is a good idea to have some ''good'' balls handy for the acts that need them, then swap them out for the beatup ones for the the acts that are likely to be abusive to your equipment.

There are places that sell replacements-but I don't know who off hand.

Re: Where did you get your balls?

Looking for replacement wire grilles for SM58's.

From my Dad of course...
icon_cool.gif

I simply use a screwdriver with a large rounded handle. Same concept as Ivan. Be sure to remove the foam though, so you don't tear it up banging out the mesh. Dents remove easily. Good time to clean the foam too.

I simply use a screwdriver with a large rounded handle. Same concept as Ivan. Be sure to remove the foam though, so you don't tear it up banging out the mesh. Dents remove easily. Good time to clean the foam too.

+1 - that's exactly what I do. I just put the shaft of the screwdriver in a bench vise so the handle is sticking up. Take out the foam, and have at it. I don't even have to bang on it, I can squeeze most dents out.