Where do I place the mic?

Ivan Beaver

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Atlanta GA area
Where would you suggest I place my mic to align this ''cluster''?
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I want to get the best sub/horn alignment I can
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_surprised.gif

Re: Where do I place the mic?

It should be pointed out that there are no ''subs'' to align WITH in this cluster.

You're looking at no more than sixteen fifteen inch speakers in those big horn loaded

low, but not TOO low, frequency boxes.

Looks like a nice payday in the distant past for an Altec contractor. Also looks like getting the fundamental speech frequencies EVERYWHERE in the venue was the prime directive

It should be pointed out that there are no ''subs'' to align WITH in this cluster.

You're looking at no more than sixteen fifteen inch speakers in those big horn loaded

low, but not TOO low, frequency boxes.

Looks like a nice payday in the distant past for an Altec contractor. Also looks like getting the fundamental speech frequencies EVERYWHERE in the venue was the prime directive

True-they are more of a bass cabinet-rather than a sub.

Of course an old saying is that it is better to have LOTS of combfiltering-rather than a few bad spots.

Like laying on a bed of nails-2 really hurts- a couple hundred is not so bad-Yes I know as I had to lay on a real bed of nails back in HS for a haunted house. Not to bad untill passers by would turn the crank on the WORKING stretch rack I was also hooked up to
icon_eek.gif
icon_mad.gif

Where would you suggest I place my mic to align this ''cluster''?
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

I want to get the best sub/horn alignment I can
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_surprised.gif

Hey Ivan, how much do you think that beast weighed? Looks as though it could be a few TONS!
icon_lol.gif

Pat

Depending on the drivers on those horns-it could weigh quite a bit. IF they are the 288's then it would be quite heavy.

The bass cabinets are not all that heavy-mostly air.

Agreed it could be a ton or more.

What did ''Big Bertha'' sound like.

I can just picture the racks of green amps!

If that is coming down parting it out would be worth the time.

I found it on the PA of the day site.

If your talking about the ''PA of the day'' I just found at Face Book that would almost make me set up a Face Book account/ page....almost.

That would be it.