where to put the router for ls9 16/ which case

Brian Frost

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
www.narniaproductions.com
Looking at casing options as I prepare to buy an ls9 16. dealers, feel free to send me a quote tho Ive found a good price, Im always ears to find a better one. Im really looking at casing options as most of the off the shelf options wont fit the screen. I want the smallest case that will fit the screen tho Im hoping for 2 inches below to store a power strip, router and ipad. The r&r with a doghouse is beautiful but Im trying to keep this as small as possible.

My other option is to put the board in one of the plastic case options and put the router and power strip for things like my iphone in the wireless rack... but they might not like the router so close. ideas?

Re: where to put the router for ls9 16/ which case

A doghouse makes your front of house look a lot more tidy, and in tight quarters keeps people from backing into your cables & connectors. Plenty of room for your power strip, router, and iPad storage. If you get one with a cradle style doghouse, you can pull it out of the case for a nicer look. See - http://www.indycase.com/photo_gallery/flight_cases/AllenandHeathGL2400withdoghouse.jpg

I'm partial to the R&R case, but I ship my console by air freight and needed something strong. I mounted my router in the doghouse via a bracket I had made and it's completely concealed with great range.

If you don't need that much case than go with the plastic- if that's what you need. I hated spending that kind of money on a case, but it's proven to worth it for me.

Both R&R and MT make a basic case that fits the LS9 without a doghouse. I think it's MT that makes one with carry-on suitcase wheels on one side, which makes it easy to pull around. The R&R one (I hope I'm not mixing the two up, we've got some of each) is more like a suitcase with hinged lid, with space underneath for small items. The MT is more like a standard case with the space above the control surface, though you could use a soft pouch for accessories.

We use our routers with more than one board, so this may not apply for you. We put the router in an anvil style briefcase.

yeah, Im thinking of just getting the plastic case with foam and putting the router in my wireless rack, tho I believe that might give a significant hit to my wireless sensativity. The other option is a custom r&r case with a space underneath for power, router, ipod charger, and a custom slot for an ipad. Ill fill this in with pics once I get things all together.

I've never had any problems putting the router right next to the rf rack, ymmv