Wire ties to hang a speaker?

Re: Wire ties to hang a speaker?

At first glance it looks like the wire ties are dressing the cable, but the resolution on the pic is too low to see. Did you see this first hand?

At first glance it looks like the wire ties are dressing the cable, but the resolution on the pic is too low to see. Did you see this first hand?

Yes, at McCormick place in Chicago. Two speakers replaced with different models. Bolts didn't match so they just held it with a top bolt and wire ties. Didn't fall but I wouldn't want to be their insurer.

sarcasm_font.jpg

I seen this up in the center of a dance floor awhile back. I said to myself "No way , its coming down" Went up to take it down and found not only was the hook only turned in a few turns but the "Beam" was not real. Kind of a hard styrofoam type fake beam. Glad I took it down.

Douglas R. Allen

Attachments

• Pro Light install...JPG
    Pro Light install...JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 0

I seen this up in the center of a dance floor awhile back. I said to myself "No way , its coming down" Went up to take it down and found not only was the hook only turned in a few turns but the "Beam" was not real. Kind of a hard styrofoam type fake beam. Glad I took it down.

Douglas R. Allen

Along a similar vein, we were hanging 2" PVC for a snow machine a few days back; originally the plan was to hang it from the wall. Turns out the wall wasn't plasterboard like we thought, but actual plaster over mesh. We switched to chain from the girders.