X32 Compact Will Not Sync With Digital Snake

Aaron Grubbs

Freshman
Feb 14, 2018
Hey guys.

One of my clients is a Wild Wing who got an X32 Compact and an digital snake not too long ago. I did not do the install. The A side always came up as X32C with a green indicator, No problems for a month or more. Then, I started getting a red light on the A channel. They have cheaper Cat5 cables so I did some digging and read that B handled cheaper cables better, for whatever reason. When I switch, boom, sync to B, but the "X32C" always remained on the A indicator.

A few weeks later, I started having to reboot several times to get sync, but it would usually work. The store never invests money in sound, and I have been asking for a Cat 5E or 6 for months. Anyway, this week, I completely lost the ability to get sync. The only way I COULD get sync, was to have the console on A, and the Snake on B, which didn't produce noise. I will get a flashing "n/n" on the A channel, and just nothing on B. I had a friend bring his full X32 in last night, and it synced perfectly to both sides of the snake.

So, obviously something wrong with the console? I tried a cheaper cable with his and still had no issues. I did a factory reset to no avail. It also wouldn't recall the scenes I had saved to a Flash drive--every one I recalled looked exactly like the one I use the most. Also, there will be meter flashes on channels 1, 3, and 4, for no apparent reason, with nothing hooked to the console.

I set it all up locally with no issues, and plan on running it with an ipad this weekend, but has anyone ran into this problem? I left a message with Behringer but have never seen anything like this. That red indicator by "X32C" just will not go away. I have tried multiple cables and configurations and am completely stumped. I have been mixing for ages and never had any problems with the other digital snake I work with at a church. But it's Allen and Heath, and far superior, in my opinion.

A firmware update is again, my next step, but if factory reset doesn't work I am worried that the firmware won't either. My only thought is that the A output on the console is damaged somehow. It's always behaved strangely and required reboots to get B sync, with A never going away. I would just choose "Load B Routing" on the label tab and it would work. Now it only works locally, and as I said, the snake (S32) tested fine with another console.

Thoughts? Thanks so much for the comments.

Cheers

Aaron Grubbs

Dear Aaron,

Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Alexander Lane and I am a Care Technician at MUSIC Tribe in KIDDERMINSTER UK where we service and manage spare parts for all MUSIC brands.

In regards to your X32C we would love to help you resolve your issue. Would you be able to contact our technical support team to discuss the problem in more detail? You can reach us at [email protected] on +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732299 (UK).

Kind Regards,
Alexander Lane
Technician, Care
Music Tribe Brands Ltd

Thanks very much. I called and left a message already. But I am not in front of the console. I just bought a new iPad and plan to hook that up today so I can avoid going back and forth from the stage, as it works fine with local ins and outs. I will try to call again when I am on site.