xlr panel punching

I have had wonderful success working with Entertainment Manufacturing Group (formerly Entertainment Metals).

I had them punch, custom anodize, and laser engrave four 12x12 1/8" aluminum panels for my recording studio project. It wasn't what you would call cheap, but the result was fantastic! I had them just build the panels, I loaded the panels with my own connectors.

You can check out their website here: http://emfgrp.com/

If you're comfortable doing it yourself, a drill with a few bits, a caliper, a center punch, and a knockout punch is all it takes. Well, the caliper isn't completely necessary, but I'd recommend one if you're going to be measuring all that stuff.

In lieu of a caliper, you can also print out the layout onto a sheet of paper or label material (in scale, of course), center punch through that onto the panel, and you won't have to do so much measuring. This method is my preference.

Brother P-Touch labels work well for labelling.

If you're comfortable doing it yourself, a drill with a few bits, a caliper, a center punch, and a knockout punch is all it takes. Well, the caliper isn't completely necessary, but I'd recommend one if you're going to be measuring all that stuff.

In lieu of a caliper, you can also print out the layout onto a sheet of paper or label material (in scale, of course), center punch through that onto the panel, and you won't have to do so much measuring. This method is my preference.

Brother P-Touch labels work well for labelling.

For Neutrik "D" style connectors, a 15/16" hole punch does the trick. Size 4-40 screws will bolt it in.

It is actually a metric 24 mm hole but finding a punch in the US is hard and if you find one, expensive.

Sent from my iPad HD

A big vote for laser engraving, not labels. They fall off, and look jankey in the mean time. RapcoHorizonProco, Covid, ACE Backstage, and many others do this regularly. Unless labor is free, having the panel loaded and engraved is worth it.