Yamaha CL5 V4.0.2 firmware and Shure ULX-D

Jon Hoffmann

Freshman
Aug 2, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Morning everyone-

Looking to see if anyone / who is using their CL console with Shure ULX-D receivers and the new shure control feature. Here's my current setup:

I have two networks for the venue - one for control and one for Dante. This is for a multitude of reasons, mainly that we have Dante devices placed through our facility, and also because we need control over the CL5, Wireless, etc. For this reason we do NOT use the self-appointed Dante IP address scheme of link-local 169.254.x.x. I have 10.10.72.x for control and 10.10.103.x for Dante devices.

Yesterday I got all excited and updated the CL5, Rio, and ULX-D4D/Q receivers that we have to their latest and greatest firmwares to take advantage of several brand spanking new features that would be REAL nice to have on the desk.

Get it all set up, and the console performs fine, audio is fine, patching is fine, everything is fine. HOWEVER.......when we go to the Dante IO page that shows all dante connected devices, we just get "Discovering" message in the wireless, and it won't pull in any of the info to the console from the ULX.

Called Yamaha, and they were stumped...had to call someone else and then forgot about me. Will be following up later today on that one.

Called Shure, and was told that for whatever reason, Yamaha decided that they would only communicate to Shure devices via a 169.254.x.x network.

Does anyone have this working in the way we have, with two dedicated networks using DHCP out there, or are we the only ones? I really would find it hard to believe we are the only install that has it set up like this...

I'll update if I ever get it working, but for now looking for other advice...

Thanks

Jon

Embarrassed to say I didnt find that thread...lol

So everyone is experiencing the same thing. Sucks that they would impose this restriction on the networking side of it. Shure had me try putting a network card in the link local address space and connecting it to our Dante network but that didnt do anything either.