01V96 cmos battery

Re: 01V96 cmos battery

from the manual:

Checking the Battery and the System Version
The Utility | Battery page enables you to check the condition of the internal memory-
backup battery and the system version number. To locate this page, press the DISPLAY
ACCESS [UTILITY] button repeatedly.
AStatus
If the Status is “Okay,” the battery has sufficient voltage for operation. If the Status is
“Voltage Low!,” ask your Yamaha dealer or authorized Yamaha service center to replace
the battery as soon as possible. Failure to replace a low battery may result in data loss.

so the the manual isn't much help but at least Yamaha is good about providing one :) http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/pa/english/mixers/01V96E1.pdf

You do have to take out a bunch of screws around the sides and under the wrist rest. But once you get it open the battery is right there in a little holder on one of the boards. Just make sure you back up your data before taking it out!

You do have to take out a bunch of screws around the sides and under the wrist rest. But once you get it open the battery is right there in a little holder on one of the boards. Just make sure you back up your data before taking it out!

I've never looked at mine but I'm guessing its a low voltage battery. Could it be changed with the board powered on? Or does it need to be soldered?
Changing the battery with the board on would hold the data and not require backing up? Not a hard job to back up the board storing everything in SM but would this work?
My 01v96 is going on 8 years old. Battery is still good but I may change it just to be on the safe side. I don't want to show up at a gig with a board that is reset back to factory.
Any thoughts?

Douglas R. Allen