<$100 LED pars, what's worth looking at?

I'm looking to buy some LED par56's in the next day or two and I'm hoping to get a few opinions on what's good. I usually rent in lighting gear as needed, but I could benefit from having a few cans in stock. I'm realistic in believeing you get what you pay for, so I'm just trying to see what's the best option in my price range. Thanks!

Re: <$100 LED pars, what's worth looking at?

Do they have to be Cans? Can you use a bar/strip?

For $100, they throw is probably under 15' with a decent light output. Look used, 10MM and 1W are the best way to go.

Some Ideals (if buying new)
American DJ 38P LED Pro LED Par Can (MSRP $100)
Chauvet COLORstrip Mini are a good buy for the price (MSPR $120)
NEW Chauvet LED Rains ##C are decent for a wash light ($100, 130, 160)
Chauvet 4Bar LED System (4 lights in one with "brain" and stand for $400 MSRP)

I have some of the cheap chauvet and they started to fall apart literally right out of the box. At this point enough of the leds don't work that they are not worth putting up.

I am in a similar situation to Tom in that I don't need lights often, but when I do a couple of 4 can trees would be nice. I have been looking at the 10mm Colorkey LEDs that are just slightly above the budget. They seem to MAPP at $139, but I haven't gotten around to making any dealer inquiries yet. I believe Mike Pyle is a dealer, and there was someone here on the east coast also, possibly Jeff Knorr, that I remember seeing listed as a dealer.

the original pucks are $100, I have 4 of them and they are much better build than the 4bar and the next step up in brightness. they still lack a lot of punch but make up for it in build quality and for smaller gigs are just enough to get the job done.

The Colorkey 10mm cans are excellent. I have had 20 of them for a couple of years now with no problems whatsoever. Slightly more than $100 per can new but you only have to buy them once. The 1 watt cans are twice as expensive but put out more than twice as much light.

I second the Colorkey LED cans. I've got some 1 watt Colorkey cans in my inventory, and they have held up quite well on the "bar tours" for well over a year.

They're plenty bright for ≤ 16 x 20 stages.

Terry

I found a lot of 15 Wiedamark brand Par 64 10mm LED cans in excellent used condition and got them for well under $100 a piece. I haven't had a single issue yet and love them. Sorry for the crappy phone pics but here are a few pics from them... thats 12 on the truss and 3 on the ground in front of the drums.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

orb1.JPG orb2.JPG orb3.JPG

I just got a couple Puck3's which have nine 3 watt tri color leds ea. I'm not sure I'll ever buy a RGB light again.
Seeing the correct color when you look at the can is a pretty big deal.

NSL has Chauvet LED PAR 38 B cans that have 7 Tricolor 3 watt LED's for about 128 + shipping