-

Re: Another Year, Another Tour

Mind if I stop by while you are in Tulsa?

It's too bad you are playing in OKC before Tulsa. That means we usually have a much harder time unpacking because the hands in OKC have the equivalent of two left hands, and can't seem to figure out how to coil anything properly.

Mind if I stop by while you are in Tulsa?

It's too bad you are playing in OKC before Tulsa. That means we usually have a much harder time unpacking because the hands in OKC have the equivalent of two left hands, and can't seem to figure out how to coil anything properly.

I'll have the rig fairly idiot-proof by then. That doesn't mean they will stop building bigger idiots. I'll try to remember to call and advance before the Christmas holiday week.

I realize this is a little early but I'm posting this now while I have the time. I'll be hitting the road in September with the first national tour of The Addams Family Musical. Follow the attached link for a full schedule.

As always, if I'm coming to your city send me an email or text and I'll be happy to have you stop by. I can usually accommodate a tour of the rig and almost always have room for a jumpseat at the console if you want to see the show.

The tour package will consist of lots of fun toys from Avid, Meyer, L'Acoustics, d&b, Sennheiser, and DPA.

http://theaddamsfamilymusicaltour.com/tickets.php

Hey Jake you are coming to The Wharton Theater, MSU East Lansing, Michigan
I used to be Head of Audio there in the Mid 1990s.
Local #274 Gold Card.

Have you come there before?

Jan31-Feb 5th
My daughter is back to school so she can not help. (I am handicapped, Wheelchair)
Now my good Friend Dean Perry should be taking care of you.
Nice place to work.
I will try to come by if I can get a ride down. I am a little over an hour away.

You also are coming to Grand Rapids, MI

Too long of a ride for me.
May 22 - May 26.
Used to do a lot of work there also.

Still all these years later and the odds are if it is a large production at the Wharton theater Masque Sound provides.
I don't know if it is good or bad.
In any case I guess everyone I worked with from Masque has been promoted and retired. :)

I can't give any advice about the installed sound system. The turkey's waited till I was retired and THEN put in the system I asked for.
You can thanks me later... ;-)

I have played both venues before. The Wharton with White Christmas in 2009 and DeVos Hall in Grand Rapids last year with In The Heights.

I don't typically use the house sound system, regardless of what it is although I will use the center cluster at the Wharton because it does well in that room. Also, the new system in the Wharton was designed by Acme Professional (Tom Clark), which is the install side of Acme Sound Partners, the designers of Addams Family.

Even with the old system a road show would often use the balcony delays and even the cluster for orchestra level.
As bad as that old system was the worst part was where you had to mix!
Up against the back wall and all the way house left or maybe 20 rows from the pit and again all the way house left.

The house system mix position was up in the balcony and so far house left that none of the speakers were pointed at it.
Your new house position even though it is in the back of the room gives you some air behind your head.

This audio package for this show is being rented from Masque. Each of the previous shows I've been through with have come from PRG (formerly ProMix).

Good to hear that name again.
The owner had his card from local #35 in Saginaw, MI before it was merged with #274 (local at East Lansing).
I would hear about Promix every once and a while, but usually Masque did all the large tours and especially any Yellow Card.

So let me know how my friend Dean Perry takes care of you. I will try and get down to see the show.
:)