8x4 decks on a 8'x24' stage with no center legs

Jeff Kenney

Freshman
Mar 4, 2013
Looking for professional staging products that do not require center legs.

We have to start regularly building a 8'x24' stage for 1 performer (dj type show) OVER an existing platform. So we can only crossbrace along the outside edge. Z style legs and decks that require center (5th + 6th) legs will not work.

Not to familiar with brands.. we may just go out and buy what works.. suggestions?

Re: 8x4 decks on a 8'x24' stage with no center legs

We use Staging Dimensions 4x8 decks. One leg on each corner, but as others have said at 48" height you really should be cross bracing. You could use leg clamps but I'd really only do that at lower heights.

We use Staging Dimensions 4x8 decks. One leg on each corner, but as others have said at 48" height you really should be cross bracing. You could use leg clamps but I'd really only do that at lower heights.

This is what my guys use, especially when we have dance competitions on a 48" high stage, you need a TON of bracing.

Looking for professional staging products that do not require center legs.

We have to start regularly building a 8'x24' stage for 1 performer (dj type show) OVER an existing platform. So we can only crossbrace along the outside edge. Z style legs and decks that require center (5th + 6th) legs will not work.

Not to familiar with brands.. we may just go out and buy what works.. suggestions?

Why can't you use shorter legs where the "old" stage is under your stage? I use ST8100 Haulotte Group | BilJax - Events
and build most anything I have been asked for. It is heavy as it is 3/4 marine ply in a steel frame. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I will try to help.

I didn't say we can crossbrace at all - just cant cross brace diagonally inside the stage...

Maybe a diagram would help?

I'm picturing six 4x8 decks in a row,
You can't span from the front face of the decks to the rear with any bracing, but how about all around the perimeter including the 2 sides?
-could you do small braces, like 18" triangular between leg and deck?

It's possible, but may require some custom fab. The steedeck platforms might work at that height if you lock them all together, use legs on all corners, don't have any dance-acts on them and can tolerate some movement. (The ones I've used are really rigid)