Active Sound Control Systems

Art Nadelman

Freshman
Jul 24, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I had a venue tell me about a bar in Chicago that had implemented an Active Sound Control System to actively block the sound from their venue at their property line. I know that such systems exist at small, controlled levels, but I was not aware that you could implement this at a level of this magnitude. He is interested in doing such as he's tired of paying fines for violating the local noise ordinance.

Are any of you aware of such systems and if so, please point me in the direction so that I can become educated and advise the owner properly.

Thanks.

Art

Re: Active Sound Control Systems

Ask then to tell you what bar and check it out. Active sound cancellation is very difficult and probably more expensive than just adding sound isolation.

I have long speculated about speaker alignments where bass reinforced on the nearby dance floor, while canceling in the far field, but I am not smart enough to figure how to make that work. :-(

JR

Re: Active Sound Control Systems

Ask then to tell you what bar and check it out. Active sound cancellation is very difficult and probably more expensive than just adding sound isolation.

JR
Exactly. It is kinda "easy" to do in some small controlled situations, but on a larger scale it gets to be real hard.

I hear people "talk" about it all the time-but nobody can actually give a name of a place where it is being done.

The rumors just keep circulating-------------

MASS and "water tight" are the best things to keep the sound "contained".