Alternative to Genie Lift

Re: Alternative to Genie Lift

I've been using some Cosmic Truss CT-5s that I'm pretty happy with. They are still essentially the style of a super tower, but lighter weight (~260#), 21' height, BLACK, and less expensive. While they don't state it anywhere, similarities in construction and the fact that they come from Spain makes me suspect that these may be OEM'ed by VMB for Cosmic Truss, or for their distributor German Light Products.

There's also a Spanish lift manufacturer called "WORK". http://www.worklifters.com/en/
I think an outfit out of Florida was the last US distributor. I thought they had a very wide array of interesting options but have never ordered anything.

The physics involved in safely lifting these kinds of weights requires some significant mass, both for strength as well as ballast. At least I think.

Re: Alternative to Genie Lift

Roll around like a tire, a VERY heavy one. Weight is nice to keep it from tipping when extended. A good amount of common sense is required to roll them around and use them, as well as lots and lots of cents to purchase them...

Now there's your different form factor! I'm waiting on pricing but it looks like an interesting change of concept. I'm thinking that you put wheels on the "top". When you get it near the position of use you flip it over and plug it in. Or, Declan, do you mean that you roll it like a tire?