Another flying issue

Re: Another flying issue

Im likely missing something, but I still dont see it. What is holding the truss vertical with a load suspended out on the top front? The blue truck strap?

Yes. if you picture the strap pulling down with a force equal to the speakers, then the whole thing is in balance and there is no sideways force on the truss, only downward force.
then the truss structure only needs to deal with lateral force caused by wind/bumping etc.

Jason

Yes. if you picture the strap pulling down with a force equal to the speakers, then the whole thing is in balance and there is no sideways force on the truss, only downward force.
then the truss structure only needs to deal with lateral force caused by wind/bumping etc.

Jason

Right so we've got a straight downward force, but by what I can see in the pictures the base is not that big, and with no guy lines or anything of the sort. Would this not be a balance act of sorts? Or is it actually secure to the roofing o_O. I dont know much about flying, My gear stays stacked and strapped on the ground. Its safer for me as a one man operation, my crowd and my gear until and event calls for it and I can do it properly.

Right so we've got a straight downward force, but by what I can see in the pictures the base is not that big, and with no guy lines or anything of the sort. Would this not be a balance act of sorts? Or is it actually secure to the roofing o_O. I dont know much about flying, My gear stays stacked and strapped on the ground. Its safer for me as a one man operation, my crowd and my gear until and event calls for it and I can do it properly.

In one of the photographs I can almost see what looks like a horizontal ground stabilizer extending to the rear of the tower truss. In other photos, it appears that the subs are stacked directly under and, I assume, on the truss base for ballast.

Which really doesn't do much, 300lbs of sub may feel heavy directly lifting, but when you are working with a lever, its something like a dime. But there isn't enough pictures here to rule out this as unsafe or safe.