Anybody know what material this is, and where I can buy it?

Looking for a material like this, anybody know the name?...

2e67kls.jpg

It's soft, white, and like a spandex and stretchy but it's transparent. Any ideas on what it was and a place to buy it?

Re: Anybody know what material this is, and where I can buy it?

It looks like a type of scrim to me, maybe a mixture of tulle and spandex, for the stretchiness? I, personally, think that those pieces are not as stretchy as you think - they look like they need to be pulled taut (see the wrinkles in the top tip of the middle piece...that doesn't happen with Spandex).

Let us know what you find out.

It looks like a type of scrim to me, maybe a mixture of tulle and spandex, for the stretchiness? I, personally, think that those pieces are not as stretchy as you think - they look like they need to be pulled taut (see the wrinkles in the top tip of the middle piece...that doesn't happen with Spandex).

Let us know what you find out.

Hello, those could be wrinkles, but, I think it's light leakage from the Martin above it. I'd think wrinkles would be dark not a lighter color.

I think it's just pieces of low thread count spandex.

Cheers,
Hammer

Hello, those could be wrinkles, but, I think it's light leakage from the Martin above it. I'd think wrinkles would be dark not a lighter color.

I think it's just pieces of low thread count spandex.

Cheers,
Hammer

Sent Rosebrand an E-mail, and I'll be getting a sample of it! Looked great with the Mac 401 leds putting colors on them..

The sample she gave me was Tulle Tex. It's a very very close match, and has about the same transparency. However, it only stretches vertically, not very much horizontally. It's a pretty nice fabric not going to lie.

The sample she gave me was Tulle Tex. It's a very very close match, and has about the same transparency. However, it only stretches vertically, not very much horizontally. It's a pretty nice fabric not going to lie.

A local staging company has a bunch of this stuff. I've used it on a couple of gigs with an event/wedding design friend of mine, in a similar application to the photo you showed in your first post. Indeed, it looks really great when you hit it with a color wash or a projection. I don't recall it being stretchy in only one direction though, maybe what I have used is not Tulle Tex.