Anyone familiar with this Grund sub (GT-LPB-36CX)?

Greg Cameron

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
GT Series-Subwoofers : GT-LPB-36CX

There's a theater in town with a very low clearance sub area under their stage looking at these because of their low profile for a double 18" sub (Only 17" tall due to the angled front baffle). Currently they have a pair of JBL 4893 dual 14" subs which are gutless wonders. If Grunds are decent boxes, it could be an inexpensive alternative for them.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone familiar with this Grund sub (GT-LPB-36CX)?

The GT-LPB-36CX is a real nice speaker with good output for it's size and would be a definite step up from the JBL's.

A friend has both the GT-LPB-36Cx and the GT3600CX and would highly recommend either box. They both use the same B&C speakers.

For the money you can't beat them. I have a ten year old pair of the GT3600's and they have been bullet proof. I use a bridged Crown CE4000 per box and have been very pleased.

If they fit under your stage you'll be happy.

Re: Anyone familiar with this Grund sub (GT-LPB-36CX)?

I install them quite a bit in the under-the-stage type configuration due to their thin height. They hammer quite good and I have some that have survived for years in abusive nightclub situations. The last batch I installed had rather beefy Celestion drivers in them and they seem to do a slight bit better than the B&C's they used originally.
They also work good as a low-profile ceiling-hung box or standing up against walls -also in multiples you can get quite a bit of cone in minimal frontal area for most built-in applications.

When installed flat the cones tend to droop over the years due to gravity so I flip them over once a year if possible (It may just be because it's a fairly damp environment too)