Anyone involved with the "Tool" tour?

Simon Eves

Sophomore
May 12, 2013
Saw them at the Bill Graham in San Francisco last night, and the sound was jaw-droppingly good, and I just wondered if anyone here was involved, or knows anything about it.

Maybe their rig is really nothing special these days, as I have very little modern frame of reference as I don't see (big, loud) live music very often (I went because somebody at work with a ticket couldn't go and offered it out).

There were two flown curved line arrays each side, each with maybe 10-12 units, the inner ones pointing forward and the outer ones angled out for the side seats, and a flown stack of 7-8 larger units (presumably subs) in between each inner/outer pair.

I couldn't get close enough to see what type they were, but it all sounded awesome, even from 100'+ away in the "old-people's seats".

My ears are still ringing, and my clothes still smell of pot (but that's a different problem).

Re: Anyone involved with the "Tool" tour?

I saw them twice at least in the 90s both on F2 systems (Martin) and the mix was fantastic. One of the few bands I would pay to see on purpose, and I drove pretty far too.

Re: Anyone involved with the "Tool" tour?

Saw them at the Bill Graham in San Francisco last night, and the sound was jaw-droppingly good, and I just wondered if anyone here was involved, or knows anything about it.

Maybe their rig is really nothing special these days, as I have very little modern frame of reference as I don't see (big, loud) live music very often (I went because somebody at work with a ticket couldn't go and offered it out).

There were two flown curved line arrays each side, each with maybe 10-12 units, the inner ones pointing forward and the outer ones angled out for the side seats, and a flown stack of 7-8 larger units (presumably subs) in between each inner/outer pair.

I couldn't get close enough to see what type they were, but it all sounded awesome, even from 100'+ away in the "old-people's seats".

My ears are still ringing, and my clothes still smell of pot (but that's a different problem).

Nobby is mixing FOH!