Anyone own and/or use QSC CSM-monitors.

Re: Anyone own and/or use QSC CSM-monitors.

I've just been involved with a new venue in San Francisco that has eight of them. Seven of the 12 inch and one 15 inch that gets used as a drum monitor. This club does not have an in house monitor console but does have the infrastructure (48 channel split, fanout and power) if a band does bring their own.

The Chapel in San Francisco's Mission District | Interviews with Jon Graves of QSC Audio, Nick Fletcher, Angele Dyer, Lee Brenkman about QSC System in The Chapel, San Francisco, in Mix magazine's February 2013 Issue

The first four shows they were used for back in October involved The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Robert Earl Keen, Steve Earle, Elvis Costello, Buddy Miller and Del McCoury, a pretty wide range of different monitor expectations. Except for Elvis Costello who brought his own monitor engineer (great job Nathan!) and a Digico console all of the other performers got monitors mixed from the FOH console.

They have been used for about five shows a month since then with a number of touring indie rockers and only one show since the initial four has brought in their own monitor console.

With the processor settings tweaked by QSC's Jon Graves they are extremely stable, feedback wise, with all the "usual suspect" vocal mics and get substantially loud iMO. Fidelity is good enough for picky acoustic players and holds up well at volume.

The tilt up legs are very useful on a small stage and the small amount of time saved not looking around for angle adjusting "audio wood" will, over the years add up ;-).

The cable entry in the middle of the bottom surface takes some getting used to as you must tip up the cabinet on one side to plug the NL4s in but the rubber feet are tall enough that the cable can exit to any direction. Also a good thing on smaller stages.

The only complaint I've heard from the people I've hired to do the shows in this venue is that these guys are HEAVY. Built to survive substantial "talent abuse" of all kinds.