Avid (Digi) SC48 Clocking

Kip Conner

Junior
Mar 13, 2011
Athens, GA
I was recently having a discussion with another engineer who is installing a pair of SC48's in a venue- one for FOH and one in Mon World. I asked him if he would be using an external clock to link the two consoles and he told that you can only use an Avid Clock to clock the consoles and you couldn't use a Big Ben.

Is this true? Definitely not calling anyone a liar- just trying to get down to the nuts and bolts of Avid would make a unit that is foreign to industry standard pieces of gear.

Re: Avid (Digi) SC48 Clocking

I was recently having a discussion with another engineer who is installing a pair of SC48's in a venue- one for FOH and one in Mon World. I asked him if he would be using an external clock to link the two consoles and he told that you can only use an Avid Clock to clock the consoles and you couldn't use a Big Ben.

Is this true? Definitely not calling anyone a liar- just trying to get down to the nuts and bolts of Avid would make a unit that is foreign to industry standard pieces of gear.

They can most certainly be clocked with a Big Ben or similar. They automatically see the clock and lock up

db