Awesome SoundForums/Music Group Announcement

Dan Mortensen

X32 Thread VIP
Nov 15, 2012
Seattle, WA USA
Finally, we get to cut the objective crap and sing the praises!

No longer do we have to hide our joy, but can share our sacred songs!

No longer must our meetings be secret; here's a candid shot of the last one:

Behringer Fan Club.jpg

All Hail!!!

-Agent X48

Last edited:
Re: Awesome SoundForums/Music Group Announcement

3800 members. If I did the math right, we each get $289,473.68

Not that simple, first the owners will get 99.9%, the rest will be divided by a formula taking into account both number of posts and perceived value to the brand.
Apparently the whole thing is to be overseen by Ars "Big" Bottom, the guy at Anderson Consulting that managed the renaming a few years back. I think the $990,000 fee is coming out of the chunk of money left for us, and there will also be a $100 handling fee for each of us to pay.

If my percentage is based on number of posts, I am so going to spend my morning exploiting a vBulletin vulnerability so I can manually set my post count. Hacking FTW!

Not that simple, first the owners will get 99.9%, the rest will be divided by a formula taking into account both number of posts and perceived value to the brand.
Apparently the whole thing is to be overseen by Ars "Big" Bottom, the guy at Anderson Consulting that managed the renaming a few years back. I think the $990,000 fee is coming out of the chunk of money left for us, and there will also be a $100 handling fee for each of us to pay.
I also suspect that those who have been, er, critical of the big B may have their share reduced and/or forfeited. I won't be quitting my day job just yet. :)

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what you guys are talking about? Please explain.

LOL!

Uli Behringer, CEO of the MUSIC Group, commented on the purchase: “We have been working with SoundForums.net for over a year now, and received an outstanding response to new product releases from their members. Recently I have seen other online brands with no physical product, like Oculus and WhatsApp, sell for enormous sums. I wanted to make sure we could be part of that kind of wanton disregard for actual market value as well.”

I thought the price is a little high but it will be interesting to see what Bennet does with Music Group now that he owns it.

JR