B&C 18rbx100

Re: B&C 18rbx100

Any idea how much this thing will sell for? (Guessing a little less than the 18tbx100). How long until it hits the street?

18RBX100rear.jpgHey Chris,

We officially introduced the new 18RBX100 at NAMM in January, it sits somewhere in between the 18PS100 and 18TBX100 in terms of price. It was originally designed to be a "cost reduced" version of the 18TBX100 but the final result is better than expected. While it doesn't quite have the motor of the 18TBX100, it does have an improved suspension that offers better Xvar and should work very well in small cabinets. It's possible this woofer may replace both the 18PS100 and 18TBX100 for new designs in many cases.

List price is $438, a little research should indicate what you can expect to find it for on the street for. We expect to receive our first shipment around the beginning of August as first production will be in June.

http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/lf-driver/18-0/18rbx100

P.S. We are introducing 7 new products at the PL&S show on Wednesday, several of which are in completely new categories for us, I think the DIY community might find them very interesting. We keep going up in performance, down in size, and down in price!

Hey Bennet!

What kind of de-contenting took place with the rbx v. tbx? I have noticed the use of faston connectors. What else?

Looks like a great choice for OEM's.

Hey Bennet!

What kind of de-contenting took place with the rbx v. tbx? I have noticed the use of faston connectors. What else?

Looks like a great choice for OEM's.

Jim, the fastons are actually a region-specific choice. 18RBX100 in North America will have push terminals like (almost) everything else we buy. The main changes are lower Bl from a smaller magnet, and a reduction in complexity of the top plate (fewer voice coil cooling ports).

I'm confused. it appears to offer a slightly stronger motor vs the tbx100 (lower qes/qts). Is this because of the slightly smaller winding depth (which I assume is responsible for the lower LE),

I'm confused. it appears to offer a slightly stronger motor vs the tbx100 (lower qes/qts). Is this because of the slightly smaller winding depth (which I assume is responsible for the lower LE),

Hi Sean,

The 18RBX100 has a slightly narrower magnetic gap than the 18TBX100, which keeps its Bl and Qts quite similar even though it has a smaller magnet.