BANNED from PSW Forums???

Pat Latimer

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Charleston S.C.
www.charlestonmusichall.com
Well , I go to log in to the PSW forums this morning and find out I've been banned.

If any of the Mods from over there check in here, can you please explain why.

I haven't done anything out of line. This just seems ridiculous!

Pat

P.S.- David and Bennett. Normally I wouldn't do this here but I was given no explanation whatsoever.

Re: BANNED from PSW Forums???

Pat, sorry about that. Your host was being used by some industrial strength spammers from Russia, and it got included in the ban. It should be fixed now.

Mac

ps. If anyone else has a problem like that, contact by PM here, or email at mackerratmedotcom.

Pat, sorry about that. Your host was being used by some industrial strength spammers from Russia, and it got included in the ban. It should be fixed now.

Mac

ps. If anyone else has a problem like that, contact by PM here, or email at mackerratmedotcom.

Damnit!! Does anyone know how this can be avoided?

Damn spammers!

Thanks so much for the reply, Mac.

Pat

Damnit!! Does anyone know how this can be avoided?

Tell the Russian spammers to use another ISP so they don't get you banned (I'm sure they're the decent, compliant type) :)

In all reality, I don't think it can be avoided. There's no way for you to prevent your ISP from being used by other people for malicious purposes, or to even to know it's happening until you're banned.

Edit: Mac specifically said 'host' so if he's not referring to an ISP but to a server host, the same problem still applies: tell the Russians to get off your shared server, stop using that domain name, or change hosts. But there's really no way to know until after you're banned.

I am not sure if I am more angry at the spammers, or the dumb asses who buy from spammers. Somebody must be buying that crap, or they wouldn't keep sending out spam.

JR

#1 reason you keep Grandma's & Grampa's credit cards locked up....

Cheers,
Hammer

Spam Omlette, grilled Spam & Cheese, Spam Kabobs, Spam & Noodle casserole,..... Coconut Spam, Fried Spam, Grilled Spam, Spam & Potatoes, Spam stew, Spam Soup, Spam.... (stolen from Bubba ...Benjamin Buford Blue)

Last edited:

I am not sure if I am more angry at the spammers, or the dumb asses who buy from spammers. Somebody must be buying that crap, or they wouldn't keep sending out spam.

JR

Well, the only things I've bought in the last year have been from Audiopyle and Audiopile. Not crap.

Never knew my Grandma's or Grandpa's. That's not it, either.

I'm sure none of them have anything to do with it.

Pat

Last edited:

Well, the only things I've bought in the last year have been from Audiopyle and Audiopile. Not crap.

Never knew my Grandma's or Grandpa's. That's not it, either.

I'm sure none of them have anything to do with it.

Pat

Hello Pat,

I don't think that JR. meant you, personally were buying crap from the spam...I know I didn't....and I didn't necessarily mean your Grand Parents either....I meant (as JR. wrote) Someone out there IS buying this stuff...otherwise they would direct their attention to some other way to rip people off.

The elderly are the largest target for Spammers and ripoff artists.

Cheers,
Hammer

Hello Pat,

I don't think that JR. meant you, personally were buying crap from the spam...I know I didn't....and I didn't necessarily mean your Grand Parents either....I meant (as JR. wrote) Someone out there IS buying this stuff...otherwise they would direct their attention to some other way to rip people off.

The elderly are the largest target for Spammers and ripoff artists.

Cheers,
Hammer

No problem, Charlie. No offense taken.

You would think that someone had a better use for their time doing something constructive instead Spamming people. Idiots!

Have a good weekend, friends!

Pat

An important rule of economics is if you reward a behavior you get more of it. These spammers are getting a reward for doing it, or they would stop.
-----
I have a sweet next door neighbor who is exactly 20 years older than me, so I like talking with him. It makes me feel young. :).. Well he often gets phone calls while I'm talking to him, from people with various scams. He is smart enough to blow them off, at least the ones I overhear, but I worry for him, it's like a never ending IQ test.

I'm on a do not call list, and still get way too many junk calls. I suspect I would get even more, if I didn't live in such a poor zipcode (small town MS).

JR