Behringer EP2000 Amp

Mitch Miller

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2012
Did some searching and didn't find any discussion, but am wondering if anyone here has used the Behringer EP2000 and has comments regarding it.

Supposedly 1000W/channel into 2 Ohms or 2x 750 watts into 4 Ohms.

So, would these be a reasonable place to start or don't waste the money?

Re: Behringer EP2000 Amp

Depends how much you value reliability, and original R&D.

Are these for tops or subs?

Most QSC, Crown, Crest, Powersoft, and Lab.Gruppen have solid options that I would look to first. For subwoofer use, I'm wary of the low cost options.

For me, "start" means first time building and buying a sound support system. In this particular case, I'm thinking stage monitors for a practice space for my son's musical endeavors (contemporary rock and metal).

So, I suppose the question is really, are these amps sufficient for a first time owner and young (high school) bands?

Haven't seen or used the EP2000, but did use the EP2500. On paper, the EP2500 looks pretty much exactly like the QSC RMX2450. Heck, the port layout is even identical. However, using them side by side, there is no comparison. The QSC ran circles around the EP2500 when pushed. And if you've got anything less than 100% solid voltage, the differences became apparent even at moderate power usage.

Now, do they work? Yeah, they do, and the sound quality is fine for entry level use. I doubt you'd hear much difference, but don't expect the true power output you'd expect from one of the better brands.

For kids metal? probably not with this amp. Even with it,s bigger brother the EP4000 I think you will find struggle to keep it out of the red (out of clipping).

Just based on my experience I want something that will do 500 watts RMS into 8 ohms. (or equivalent powered speakers).

Yes I understand it 'only' a practice room... but nearly always that 'practice' system goes on the road each time they play out.

I prefer the QSC PLX line. For monitors I often use the PLX 1804. That's 900 Watts (max) into 4 ohms loads per channel or 500 watts into 8 ohm (single speaker)

Yes they cost a lot more but the Behringer and RMX amps are now regulated to C rig and loaner status.

Haven't seen or used the EP2000, but did use the EP2500. On paper, the EP2500 looks pretty much exactly like the QSC RMX2450. Heck, the port layout is even identical. However, using them side by side, there is no comparison. The QSC ran circles around the EP2500 when pushed. And if you've got anything less than 100% solid voltage, the differences became apparent even at moderate power usage.

Now, do they work? Yeah, they do, and the sound quality is fine for entry level use. I doubt you'd hear much difference, but don't expect the true power output you'd expect from one of the better brands.

My Only experience with these was with an outdoor campground show with sever brownout problems. Did the show twice with a rack of PLX, RMX and 'B' amps. The 'B' amps were the only amps that did not shut down.

While I don't have an EP2000, I do own an EP4000 that I have used for a few years in some very harsh conditions including running the whole show off 200' of 14 gauge extension cord and running off of a campground generator and have never experienced any problem.

I have a Behringer EP2000 to power 2 Behringer VP 1800s subs. I'm amplifying an electric bass to mix with a 130 piece high school marching band. I think I want to bridge the ep2000 in mono and put it in parallel mode. After setting the switches on the back of the amp, to the appropriate settings, I would come out of the channel 1 output (with a Speakon cable) and connect to the input connection of sub 1, then come out of the parallel port (of sub 1) and connect to the input connection of sub 2. Is this wrong/crazy? Does anyone have experience with this type of set-up? This band gets really loud and the bass gets completely lost in the mix with our current set-up (same amp in stereo feeding 2 EV speakers with blown tweeters that have 15 woofers). This high school marching band has a very tight budget.