Behringer mpa200bt battery powered speaker mic not working

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
I just took in a Behringer mpa200bt battery powered speaker for clients not looking to use a generator for little wedding sound setups. Speaker tested with Bluetooth which works good. Build quality and user interface on the system looks good as well. The included wireless mic does not function. Folllowed all the directions as instructed and have the solid green light on the receiver. No audio output from microphone until volume is jacked way up and then only some line interference noise.
Wondering if anyone is running these and how things are functioning. I have another one on the way to me now to test but am guessing this usb wireless setup is fickle at best.

I just took in a Behringer mpa200bt battery powered speaker for clients not looking to use a generator for little wedding sound setups. Speaker tested with Bluetooth which works good. Build quality and user interface on the system looks good as well. The included wireless mic does not function. Folllowed all the directions as instructed and have the solid green light on the receiver. No audio output from microphone until volume is jacked way up and then only some line interference noise.
Wondering if anyone is running these and how things are functioning. I have another one on the way to me now to test but am guessing this usb wireless setup is fickle at best.

Hi Ben,

I use them all the time. I do not use the mic supplied with the speaker . I use a Behringer battery powered mixer to feed the speaker. I use Sennheiser G3 lavs and handhelds with the Sennheiser receiver packs that are meant to go on video cameras. Two iPods for program material.

They’ve been a very useful piece of gear for me.

Best regards,
Bob Charest

Sent from my iPhone

I hear yah. I have some of the Sennheiser units and will probably end up using those. I just need the included wireless mics to at least work upon purchase. The rest of the speaker really fits what I need it for though.

I hear yah. I have some of the Sennheiser units and will probably end up using those. I just need the included wireless mics to at least work upon purchase. The rest of the speaker really fits what I need it for though.

Agreed. When I did get the microphone working, I thought it really sounded terrible, so I’m not sure that part is worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed. When I did get the microphone working, I thought it really sounded terrible, so I’m not sure that part is worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone

Gee, I really should read things more carefully. The microphone that I have that sounded terrible that came with my unit was wired. Was really a piece of junk in my opinion as the handling noise alone disqualified it, let alone poor quality of sound produced.

I never did mess around with a Bluetooth mic... at least I don’t remember doing it at all. I got mine a couple of years ago so my recollection is a bit hazy. Sorry if I’m not much help there.

And I just went out and checked my unit... it is the MPA40BT- Pro (had a handle and wheels.)

I apologize!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
They might have tricked me with the reliability of the X32 products.
Got my second speaker. This one used. Sounded entirely different. Bluetooth issues connecting. Swapped the mic to the new unit and still not functioning.
So weird seeing the Klark Teknik name on there and having all these issues right off the bat.