Behringer - They really _do_ hear us!

Pauly Mel

Sophomore
Oct 1, 2012
Australia
G’day All.

To cut a long story short - When I plugged my X-32 into the firewire port on my computer, I didn’t see any inputs or outputs. A major issue to me as I got the desk for recording only.

I reported this on the forums (along with another issue), and received an email from Patrick Ferdig, who dug deep and helped me with the other issue, then passed me to Chase McNight. Chase ascertained that It may require local input and passed me to Renee at Behringer in Blackburn.
Renee bent over backwards to help! She put up with a whole raft of emails from me describing processes and techniques that led me to the conclusion it was the X-UF card at fault. Working with Chase, she organized a replacement card and delivered it in person! She then hung around while I installed the card, drivers, and tested it.

Problem solved.

Things do go wrong, and we all understand that. It’s only then however, that you can gauge the quality of the people you are dealing with. These guys really stood up, and followed this issue to resolution. I could not be happier with their attitude and service.

If this is the new Behringer – Count me IN. :D~:-D~:grin::D~:-D~:grin:

Thanks again
Pauly

Re: Behringer - They really _do_ hear us!

It would be interesting to know if the card was actually faulty, or wether the problem was fixed by some other step of the reinstallation process? I am still wondering about that and it seems this could be the first instance where it could be confirmed, as all other instances of cardproblems seems to have been down to user error when setting up the software.
If Renee is reading and have subsequently tested the card, maybe she could chime in?

Hi Per,

I know - I sure hit the problem with every other alternative before being confident it was the card. It was definitely the card. Changing the card immediately resolved the issue.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi Pauly,
I don't doubt you, but did you actually try the replacement process with the original card, or did you try to put the original card back in after the issue was resolved? The reason I ask is that it is one of the very few things the user could do without having to get help from service personnell. Would't do any good if the problem was a faulty card, but in case the cause was somewhat intermittent, the cure could be a lot less painfull for users far from nearest service centre.

Hi Per,

Yes I did. The original card was bad.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi Pauly,
I don't doubt you, but did you actually try the replacement process with the original card, or did you try to put the original card back in after the issue was resolved? The reason I ask is that it is one of the very few things the user could do without having to get help from service personnell. Would't do any good if the problem was a faulty card, but in case the cause was somewhat intermittent, the cure could be a lot less painfull for users far from nearest service centre.