Behringer WING 48 Channel digital console

I owned a Soundcraft Expression for a while and returned it after a few weeks because I did not like it. I currently own several consoles, including a Wing. While it is flexible, it has quite a learning curve and is less intuitive to use than many other consoles. Everything must be setup manually, including routing effects, oscillators, etc. Also, the OS is still immature and will most likely benefit from future firmware upgrades. Some nice features include the 10" touch screen, the included SD card recorder and lots of I/O connectivity. Be aware though, it only offers 8 XLR inputs and 8 XLR outputs on the back.

All digital boards have a learning curve, but the Wing is definately harder than the M32/X32, in part that is because it does more. At it's current cost its a deal, but as Jan stated, a stage box is needed for more inputs and outputs beyond what is on the surface. This adds considerably to the cost.

The Wing is a very configurable mixer - note Behringer calls it a "personal mixer". The cost of needed i/o is also a strength: you can pick Behringer S series, Midas DL32 or Midas DL200 series depending on needs or existing inventory.

I like the "Lexicon" reverbs in the Expression and haven't spent enough time with a Wing to really have an opinion on the FX, but the X32 reverbs were disappointing. That doesn't stop me from using an X32...

The Wing is a very configurable mixer - note Behringer calls it a "personal mixer". The cost of needed i/o is also a strength: you can pick Behringer S series, Midas DL32 or Midas DL200 series depending on needs or existing inventory.

I like the "Lexicon" reverbs in the Expression and haven't spent enough time with a Wing to really have an opinion on the FX, but the X32 reverbs were disappointing. That doesn't stop me from using an X32...
Hi Tim, im thinking about purchasing a Wing, the features look great but i just can't wrap my head around how cheap and unprofessional this console looks.. Does it sound like a X32 any at all? you can email at [email protected]

I owned a Soundcraft Expression for a while and returned it after a few weeks because I did not like it. I currently own several consoles, including a Wing. While it is flexible, it has quite a learning curve and is less intuitive to use than many other consoles. Everything must be setup manually, including routing effects, oscillators, etc. Also, the OS is still immature and will most likely benefit from future firmware upgrades. Some nice features include the 10" touch screen, the included SD card recorder and lots of I/O connectivity. Be aware though, it only offers 8 XLR inputs and 8 XLR outputs on the back.
Hi i was reading and watching youtube to figure out how to set up this thing, and it's no walk in the park, it just seems like the took a lot of short cuts on this console,, i bet the sale is not even 1/5 the X32.. still not convince to buy one..

Hi i was reading and watching youtube to figure out how to set up this thing, and it's no walk in the park, it just seems like the took a lot of short cuts on this console,, i bet the sale is not even 1/5 the X32.. still not convince to buy one..
When the X32 came out, it didn't have much competition. It was cheap, but filled that 'cheap' niche fairly well. Especially after a few firmware upgrades.

The Wing though - has some very stiff competition, like the A&H SQ series. For the install projects I'm working on that need something inexpensive - it's typically A&H SQ or Avantis. The Wing has yet to be on the short list for any project.

Add in the Music Group/Tribe/whatever name de jour availability and support woes, and the X32, Wing, and others from them aren't even a consideration currently.

Well, Lawo sells 1% of the consoles Midas did in their hayday... does that mean we should replace every Lawo mixer in broadcast trucks? Sales mean a feature set/price point align for a lot of potential users and they spend accordingly.

The Wing was a stealth project that appeared out of nowhere whilst most of us were waiting for Midas to finally release their new top end desk. The Wing has a place - it's highly configurable and that's the big strength of DigiCo - and that place may not be where you are. That does not make the product inherently bad, it's just not the mixer you need.

Reactions: Klaus Zimmermann
When the X32 came out, it didn't have much competition. It was cheap, but filled that 'cheap' niche fairly well. Especially after a few firmware upgrades.

The Wing though - has some very stiff competition, like the A&H SQ series. For the install projects I'm working on that need something inexpensive - it's typically A&H SQ or Avantis. The Wing has yet to be on the short list for any project.

Add in the Music Group/Tribe/whatever name de jour availability and support woes, and the X32, Wing, and others from them aren't even a consideration currently.
I totally agree with you.