behringer x32 configuration x control

Re: behringer x32 configuration x control

Ok - I have followed Joe Sanborn's instructions above but have a new problem. I can get either my MacBook Pro synced and running (works great!) or my iPad synced and running, but not both. I am using a Apple Extreme Base Station, which I reset to factory defaults and set up a new wireless network. I can get my MacBook Pro synced to the X32 via cat 5 through the Apple Extreme, but the moment I change the settings as above to connect my iPad, the MacBook drops connection. Are there instructions anywhere about how to connect a computer via cat 5 through the router and an iPad wirelessly through the same router? I've searched endlessly today to try and figure this out but haven't found anything that works. Sorry about my newbie-ness!

I thought Apple's shit "just works." NO apologies for the swipe at them, either.

Here's the deal - 2 of the devices on your network (the macbook and ipad) are attempting to use the same IP address. My guess is one of them is using a fixed IP address that is within the Airport Extreme's DHCP range, and when the fixed IP device connects it bumps off the first device using that dynamically assigned address. Or it may be the other way around, but this is a classic example of duplicate IP addressing.

I thought Apple's shit "just works." NO apologies for the swipe at them, either.

Here's the deal - 2 of the devices on your network (the macbook and ipad) are attempting to use the same IP address. My guess is one of them is using a fixed IP address that is within the Airport Extreme's DHCP range, and when the fixed IP device connects it bumps off the first device using that dynamically assigned address. Or it may be the other way around, but this is a classic example of duplicate IP addressing.

I just posted on basic network addressing in the Soundcraft router thread. Maybe that will help.

Sent from my iPad HD

I explained it to someone the other day, and they finally understood, so here it goes:

Think of ip-address as the address of your house country.city.street.housenumber
Dynamic ip means that your house might be in a new location in the street whenever you come home, static ip means your house don't move.
For houses to join the street-party, they all need to be on the same street in the same city in the same country.
Two houses can't have the same number.

Yeah!! I've got my system working with the MacBook Pro using X32edit, my iPad with X32mix, and my iPod Touch & iPhone with X32Q simultaneously! As awesome as advertised. I think I was confused by Joe Sanborn's instructions:

5. On the X32, press the SETUP button and page over to the "network" tab.
6. For IP address use the Computer's IP address noted in step 4 above EXCEPT change the last number. Next set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0.

Which definitely hooked my MacBook Pro up. But then, for my iPad...:
5. On the X32, press the SETUP button and page over to the "network" tab.
6. For IP address use the iPad's IP address noted in step 4 above EXCEPT change the last number. For this example, try 192.168.1.5

Essentially, I kept changing the X32's IP address back and forth, thus knocking either the iPad or MacBook off. When I realized that I needed to just set the X32's IP address and NOT change it, everything just fell in place.

I am having great fun with it now - first practice is tomorrow night, and I'll be able to give each player their own monitor control. So cool!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Our first practice with the new X32-Rack went pretty well, once everybody got used to having their own monitor mix control and how to use the apps. I did have another problem, though. I had X32-Edit up on my Macbook via cat5, along with 4 other wireless devices, and X32-Edit kept freezing up, forcing me to exit the program and restart. It would then work for awhile and then freeze again. It did this all night, so I basically ran everything with my iPad, which never stopped working. I did some searching in the forum and found some similar situations, but never any resolution. Is this a known problem? It essentially made X32-Edit useless. By the way, I have my X32-Rack on 2.06 and the version of X-32 Edit is the one on Behringer's website. Has anybody else experienced this?