Behringer XR12 - Thoughts? / MIDI control?

Simon Eves

Sophomore
May 12, 2013
I'm thinking about getting an XR12 as a replacement for an ancient 8-channel analog board at a small theatre company I do sound work for occasionally.

The website indicates that it can use an X-Touch as a MIDI controller, and supports Mackie protocol too.

Can anyone please confirm whether it will work out-of-the-box with a Behringer BCF2000, even if only for control of the first 8 faders?

Re: Behringer XR12 - Thoughts? / MIDI control?

The x-air mixers can be controlled with normal CC's. This is documented. Since the bcf can send any CC this should work.

I only have the bcr2000 but it works about the same.

The only issue at the moment is that the controls on the bcf/bcr only sync if you change scene. I've been told that they are looking into a way to force a sync with midi devices.

In the meantime, to force a sync you save the current scene and then recall it.

Re: Behringer XR12 - Thoughts? / MIDI control?

Old thread, but thought I'd add that I bought one for $235 shipped to use as a bass preamp - and to mic the kick through when the PA is vocals only. I can also use it as a small PA if needed. While it has only two monitor sends the buses are all there so you can MacGyver the headphone out as a couple more. The line inputs and even the Hi-Z inputs lack gain to be usable with mics and passive intruments but you can MacGyver that too using the channel comps' makeup gains. I'm racking it up with an NU3000 and NU4-6000 so I have an amp channel per output in case I want to go all passive cabs. Oh, and I have an old BCN44 MIDI controller that I can mic stand mount I think - gives me 4 knobs and four buttons. On bass I'll be using the tube stage and pitch shifter so will have a couple slots left for PA FX, maybe the combo chorus/chamber verb for vocals and vintage verb for drums? I suppose I should ask over on the X32 thread what folks are using on vocals and drums...

You can use OsiMIDI Stage software to control XR12 with BCF2000 through the LAN. The connection between PC and XR12 is via Ethernet cable or WIFI, the BCF2000 connects to a USB port of the PC.

This software controls XR12 (or XR16, X18, XR18) via OSC commands.

You can get more info and download for free to try it in demo mode here:
https://www.osimidi.com/stage