Best big ticket shows this year

Eric Cagle

Senior
Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I know this is very subjective but what are the best big ticket shows you folks have attended or worked at this year? I do not go to many because I am usually to busy working JV shows and would like to hear any recommendations. At any rate I did go see Bruno Mars when he came through Atlanta. Well worth the price of the ticket if you like that style of music or if you are taking your lady to a show. Absolutely one of the best lighting design jobs I have ever seen period. Good sound (Philips Arena is one of my least favorite rooms for sound in Atlanta, but they did a good job with the tough room they had to work with). The great A player old school band and Bruno were spot on and quite entertaining. Highly recommended if it is a concert you are considering.

Re: Best big ticket shows this year

War Horse came and teched in the venue I work at. Great show great crew. Nothing really big comes our way at least that I have a hand in. I've worked Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Miranda Lambert.... and a couple others but not too many big names.... by far the best show I've worked in the last year has to have been War Horse. Our Head Carp had a quote "Come see this show(War Horse), if you don't have the money sell something."

Re: Best big ticket shows this year

I know this is very subjective but what are the best big ticket shows you folks have attended or worked at this year? I do not go to many because I am usually to busy working JV shows and would like to hear any recommendations. At any rate I did go see Bruno Mars when he came through Atlanta. Well worth the price of the ticket if you like that style of music or if you are taking your lady to a show. Absolutely one of the best lighting design jobs I have ever seen period. Good sound (Philips Arena is one of my least favorite rooms for sound in Atlanta, but they did a good job with the tough room they had to work with). The great A player old school band and Bruno were spot on and quite entertaining. Highly recommended if it is a concert you are considering.

I've heard more than one very positive review of Mr. Mars about this tour from engineers I respect. He's always dead on in his TV performances. Philips is a wretched arena acoustically.

For a show that's probably a little more toned down in spectacle, but full of great musicianship and songs, I recommend Zac Brown Band.

Last edited: