Best inexpensive IEM?

Re: Best inexpensive IEM?

Ron, buy some used sennheiser G2's. Those are reliable good performers. The cheap stuff will absolutely drive you (and the performers) crazy for the types of applications you'd need them for. I say this from experience with a variety of IEM's, including the model you mention.

I paid about 2K for a used complete 4 mix G2 rig including antenna distro and paddle antenna etc. This was before the G3 was out, you can probably do better than that now. I can always count on it as a good quality system that won't let me down.

my opinion would be that even a lower end Shure system would be better
Does Shure have anything close to that price? Obviously I would expect an $600 Shure PSM200 to outperform a $200 system ;) . I'd guess the Galaxy would outperform any of the Nady systems down in that price range - question is is there anything else new under $300 that would be better? Anything used? This would be for just me - a Journey tribute band I'm playing bass for has everyone on their own ears, from lowest end Nady to Sennheiser. They have a fader monkey so I'd not be mixing from the stage - in that case I'd stay on a wedge.

Last edited:

If I remember correctly, my AT M3's were just about $500 new per unit. For any unit the quality of your earpieces is the major determinant in the sound. It doesn't make sense to me to spend the money on the earpieces and then cheap out on the transmitter.