Blizzard Blade RGBW Anyone used them on a concert stage?

Re: Blizzard Blade RGBW Anyone used them on a concert stage?

Hey all. I'm looking these fixtures as an alternative to the Mac101. I actually like the thinner beam of the Blade, but I'm wondering if any one here has used or seen them on a big stage? Can they hold their own against Pars and maybe some 575 movers? I'd love to see pics or video if you've got it!

Hey Tim, I own Mac 101, and I bought some clones (generico brand, Blackhawk lighting out of new jersey )... Just google generico lighting, it's their x363 model I think they call it... Closest thing to a 101 I've seen. I borrowed my buddy's blade.... Garbage in comparison. When you look at where the beam hits, you see little squares almost like a collidescope (sp?) and the colour mixing is weak, you see a lot of individual beams as opposed to one beam of colour.... Physically they do not feel solid, in fact my friend had THE HANDLE FALL OFF IN HIS HANDS, yeah, you know the thing you're supposed to pick it up with...

If you're getting something, get the generico, and get them to test them before they ship to you, cause just like any other knock off, I too got and out of box failure... They were great about replacing it, but the Canadian boarder didn't care and charged me to import an exchanged fixture... 24 hrs later... Oh well...
If you can't get the real deal, the generico is the closest I've found, one little quirk... They "home" 90 degrees to Mac 101, so I have to orient them on the truss that way, no biggie...
I think I may have posted comparison pics here before, but I'll check my iPad and see if I have them still,

The last picture (Cornwall band shell). That's a mix of 8 generico and 8 Mac 101. , the yellow beams in the middle and each side are Mac 500. Front wash are par 64 1k
Regards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg