Blizzard PROPAR336 - 1st event - uplighting

So I just finished my first event using my Blizzard 3 watt pro par 336s, which you may or may not have been privy to my woes with Blizzard. All that aside I think they worked great, and did an excellent job, especially during the time period in which the show happened (3PM, on a full sunny day). this was a snow /winter themed wedding / performance art piece in a de-commissioned Catholic chruch, turned community center... I laser measured the ceiling from the floor to measure about 50' to the peeks. Just for comparison , the light blue wash in the alter region was 2 bars of 6 1K narrows, to compare against the 3 watt led pars on the ceiling... The leds, MORE than blew the 1K pars away....and the pars were closer to the alter....

The bars of 4, have 2 rocklit pars, on the outsides, and 2 pro pars in the middle... thats why they look slightly different

The snowflake patterns were 4 x ETC source four 36 deg (2 per truss), mounted on the same truss piece on the stage floor with the leds....
Check it out...

Attachments

• 100_2587.jpg
    100_2587.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2595.jpg
    100_2595.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2593.jpg
    100_2593.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2596.jpg
    100_2596.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2590.jpg
    100_2590.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_2589.jpg
    100_2589.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Re: Blizzard PROPAR336 - 1st event - uplighting

So I just finished my first event using my Blizzard 3 watt pro par 336s, which you may or may not have been privy to my woes with Blizzard. All that aside I think they worked great, and did an excellent job, especially during the time period in which the show happened (3PM, on a full sunny day). this was a snow /winter themed wedding / performance art piece in a de-commissioned Catholic chruch, turned community center... I laser measured the ceiling from the floor to measure about 50' to the peeks. Just for comparison , the light blue wash in the alter region was 2 bars of 6 1K narrows, to compare against the 3 watt led pars on the ceiling... The leds, MORE than blew the 1K pars away....and the pars were closer to the alter....

The bars of 4, have 2 rocklit pars, on the outsides, and 2 pro pars in the middle... thats why they look slightly different

The snowflake patterns were 4 x ETC source four 36 deg (2 per truss), mounted on the same truss piece on the stage floor with the leds....
Check it out...

Community centre :lol: . I think they prefer to call it a "Center for the Arts" :roll:

Great job on the lighting though. Is the stage there on a semi-permanent basis? What did they install as a disconnect? By the looks of things they'll be needing outside production for the long term.

Re: Blizzard PROPAR336 - 1st event - uplighting

Hey Marlow thanks. You are right center for the arts. Although that event was not art. Lol. They put a 200 amp single phase cam source with a knife switch fused main. I installed the dimming an I'm using it. I put a single l14-30 in the Distro in the bottom of the rack which fed the juice to this event and if I ever take pa in their again. They have been good about referring me as a provider but obviously other clients have been in. The only thing that I would of changed is to NOT REVERSE the neutral and ground cams. Nobody in town ( except axial) uses rev cams. They have been great at listening to my advise. I actually directed them to fleet when they did their first event and they purchased the stage (30k!). They have added to it and it stays there. The for the kudos. I thought the daylight was going to ruin the led punch but it worked well.