bluetooth reciever problem.

Jimmy Hardin

Junior
Jan 29, 2013
Hey guys , I just recently got a Bluetooth receiver that you can use with your bluetooth devices laptop, iphone etc. My plan is to use it with my laptop for the sound system, I can get it to pair with my laptop but i cant get it to connect . It does with my iphone but not with my laptop. for some reason. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what did you have to do to get it to work. My receiver is a roverbeats unify and my laptop is a Acer Aspire E15 laptop with bluetooth capabilities. I teather my phone with it all the time , I am just wondering what is wrong with this receiver. Any help is welcomed. thanks

Re: bluetooth reciever problem.

Not totally versed on Bluetooth, but I'm wondering if your laptop is looking for input devices like keyboards and mice and not designed to output Bluetooth audio, where as your iPhone is designed to provide Bluetooth audio as well as two way Bluetooth communication for hands free devices. Just a shot. Has it output audio to other devices over Bluetooth?

Not totally versed on Bluetooth, but I'm wondering if your laptop is looking for input devices like keyboards and mice and not designed to output Bluetooth audio, where as your iPhone is designed to provide Bluetooth audio as well as two way Bluetooth communication for hands free devices. Just a shot. Has it output audio to other devices over Bluetooth?
I just been using my headphone jack on my laptop to connect to the sound board and then through the speakers before i got this thing, My iphone connected perfectly through it. But you may have something there. Never thought about it.

I think i figured out what it is that is making it not work right. Its a A2DP file that windows didn't put the driver in my laptop so i can do what i am needing to do. Does anyone know where i can go and get drivers for my laptop? That one in particular?

I've solved it. I did lots of research and discovered it was an easy fix. If I'd had the eyes I have now, THEN, I would've known what to do right away.
It's your Bluetooth radio (as located in Device Manager) that needs updated drivers (that contain A2DP).
Windows has this article which says go to the *hardware manufacturer's website for the updated driver:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-device-driver-not-found-when-you-try-to-con

*(I for some reason thought Windows was referring to the Unify receiver instead of my computer's Bluetooth radio).

In my case, it was an Intel Bluetooth radio. So I went to intel.com and found its driver download. But that https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...reless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-7-?product=59485 Intel webpage said it's best to go to the computer manufacturer's website for the Intel Bluetooth driver.

"About Intel® software and drivers

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

See list of computer manufacturer support websites."

So I went to Dell.com and typed in my computer's model number and wallah, there was that bluetooth radio device's updated driver.
My (ETEKCITY Roverbeats) Unify works just fine now.

When Pairing, make sure the Window Bluetooth settings permits it. Here's an article for Windows 7 that describes this in detail:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/articles/change-settings-in-windows-7-for-bluetooth-device
(though there's that article in Windows help entitled "Change settings for a Bluetooth enabled device").

Another way of accessing Bluetooth functions and settings is by typing bluetooth in the start menu's search bar and then clicking on the desired choice.